Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our First Blog

Hello! Will and I were inspired by my sister's blog "My Field of Dreams" and my niece Kessie's blog "Carrolls All Year".  We decided that we would also like to construct our own blog.  Since this is our first, we thought we might let you in on the big thing in our life to start out with.  Will has had a dream to build a home on his 80 acre farm for 10 years.  He has been saving for this dream and accumulating parts and educating himself about building a home for the 10 years.  I know, I know, it's a bizarre concept in America to save the money to build the house so it's paid for once it is constructed but that is thankfully what Will has done.  Our first blog introduces you to us and to the home building site.  His farm is picturesque normally but since we are having a drought, it looks sad.  These photos are from when it was still green because we know the Lord will bring us rain and it will be green again.  Our blog will let you in on the research that we do on all the aspects of this endeavor, with recipes that we discover together, with our daily walk with the Lord and what He reveals to us each day and with the stages of our new budding life together.  We have been together over a year and know someday we will be married but we are waiting for the Lord to shout from heaven it's time. ha ha.  Actually we both have been married before and are being cautious.  Nonetheless, we are best friends and are enjoying building a life together. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Blog looks great..I know I will enjoy reading..Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I hope you will be blessed as much as I have been as you meet the wonderful people in blogland.
    The pictures all look very pretty and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I look forward to more updates!!

    ReplyDelete