Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New job

Hello Everyone

I have been checking my stats and have found that I have readers from several different countries so I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for reading my blog and welcome you.  I wish some of you would follow my blog so that I can meet you.

I have not posted a blog in November so far.  I had written the blog about the swamp monster several weeks ago but had not posted it.  Much has been happening in the lives of Will and I and I have fallen behind.

Firstly, Will has been going to school to get his CDL, Commercial Drivers License.  He wanted it to qualify him for a better position at his company.  God has richly blessed us in the most amazing ways during this process.  He studied hard and passed his written tests a couple months ago and then has been going to school to be trained and to be able to pass the gigantic tests to obtain the actual license.  The blessings come from all kinds of directions.  He was allowed to take a leave of absence from work to be able to attend the school.  His company does not usually permit anyone to do that for any reason, yet they allowed Will.  He has been wanting a job in shipping at his company for as long as I have known him.  His department is the most difficult department in the entire company and he has been there 11 years.  He was ready for a change and Daulton and I are ready for him to have a change. Last Friday, he called the Human Resources department of the company to ask for another week of leave.  The head of the department told Will that there is an opening in shipping and wanted to know if Will wanted it.  Praise the Lord!!!!! There was not an application or interview just the dream job for Will plunked in his lap.  That morning I had been thinking that it was going to be so difficult for Will to return to his department after being gone to the school.  I stood in my kitchen looking out the window with a feeling of dread and sorrow for Will but said a heartfelt prayer to the Lord that another position would present itself and the Lord answered immediately, he had the position offered that afternoon and secured by Monday morning.  God is so great.  Will said this is the best thing that has ever happened to him outside of accepting the Lord as his savior and meeting me of course!

Secondly, Will was feeling like he needed practice with the components of the test.  He called two men last weekend to ask if he could practice these parts of the test on their trucks and both men were so gracious and wonderful to Will.  We spent the afternoon with me quizzing him on the air break test and on the pre-trip inspection.  I know the parts of the truck now too!! Anyhow today, he was tested on all of the components that we studied last weekend and he passed all of them.  He now only has the driving which he will pass and needs some more practice backing and he is ready to start his new job! Halleluiah!  He has been so nervous but I took our fears and emotions to God in prayer also and asked that He would have total recall and a peace and calm and that was answered immediately also.  There is no detail of our lives that is unimportant to our Lord.  I am always humbled when I think of how huge, mighty and powerful that God is and yet the prayers of Will and Tracy are important to Him.

Galatians 5:22-26 ERV
22 But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person’s life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these kinds of things. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their sinful self. They have given up their old selfish feelings and the evil things they wanted to do. 25 We get our new life from the Spirit, so we should follow the Spirit. 26 We must not feel proud and boast about ourselves. We must not cause trouble for each other or be jealous of each other. 

We are in love with the Lord.  Have a wonderful day.








No comments:

Post a Comment