Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eggs Eggs and More Eggs







My dear little baby hens are almost all online for egg production and since the weather has cooled, they are really laying.  My neighbor Johnny texted me this morning and said that she broke open an egg that didn't have a yolk.  I told her she has hens that lay egg whites!

My windows are open and they rest during the day under the fig tree outside my bedroom window.  I can hear them chattering while I have been sleeping since I have been sick.  It's so peaceful.  I can hear the guineas chirping and talking to each other too.

My hen Whitey has been a character since she was a baby.  She was always the one that escaped out of their box and now she gets in Wills truck if he isn't careful.  She also comes in the garage if I am not careful and tries to eat the onions I have stored there.

 
This past weekend, Will repaired one of my hen boxes that my parents had in one of the hen houses that had rusted out bottoms and hung it in the newer hen house so now we have 10 more nests for the chickens to lay in. 

I don't know how long it takes before all the pullet eggs are as large and regular chicken eggs.

I hope you all have a lovely day.  Cherish the simple things and ask the Lord for the peace and love that He has for you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment