Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just pictures

Hi everyone.  I was outside taking pictures the other day with my cell phone and decided that I do not have so much to say today. 

I had bible study today.  I am the director of a children's bible study and today was so very cute.  I will share two things and then I will post the pictures.

Our lesson this week was from Genesis and focused on Cain and Able. During chapel time, the leader for today was talking about God and about what we should do if we get angry or sad.  One little four year old said, "God will wash it all away." She was then talking about God again and the same little boy stretched his little arms out and said, "I love God SO MUCH".  It was so sweet and cute.

I filled in for a leader in the 2 and 3 year old classroom.  I was telling story and I talked about how Cain only gave what HE wanted to give but it was not by faith and was not his first or best. God did not approve his offering.  I said that Cain became angry at God because his brother Able's offering was approved by God because it was by faith and because it was the first and best.  I asked the children to tell me what they should do if they ever get angry at their brother's or sister's or at God because of their bad choices? One little 2 year old boy said "I would say I'm sowwy (sorry)". How cute is that? I love doing this and feel so honored that I get to watch these children's relationship with God grow.

The Treasure Hunting Twins

I think it was a rusty nail :)

It was a cloudy day and I was walking trying to find Will and Daulton out behind my house in a grove of trees. I thought that the natural scenery even if dry was beautiful and so I am going to share what I saw.  I love nature.

The big barn






I'm hot and tired and I want to go home Mommy

I know there's something in there that I NEED

You mean to tell me that you don't have food with you?

 I had realized that I keep mentioning my horse but had not posted a photo of her.  Her name is Flicka and she thinks she is a dog.

I discovered a coil of barbed wire that my parents must have forgotten long ago out in the trees.  I thought that it was so interesting because it is at the base of two oak trees that have grown together yet apart.  There are old dry oak leaves but the vivid green of the newly fallen leaves.  The way that the barbed wire was twisted into an infinity symbol was really cool.  It would not be easy to do.  


It was a gorgeous day and it felt great to be outside.  I hope that you enjoyed having a window into my Sunday afternoon.




















1 comment: