Saturday, September 24, 2011

Free-style Saturday

Good Afternoon Everyone

I am enjoying a gorgeous day here.  There is a beautiful breeze blowing with cool temperatures.  Will mowed the lawn for me yesterday and it looks lovely. The chickens and guineas are contentedly scratching in the grass for bugs, chattering.  He also removed the large willow tree that had fallen during that recent storm. I am in the mood to cook today.  Will brought me groceries yesterday and I always feel creative in the kitchen when my fridge and pantry are full.  I am not sure what I will create but will try to post a recipe later.  I made some AMAZING sweet and sour chicken over rice the other night and I really want to post that later today.

Will says he did his chores yesterday. He has another new metal detector, that makes three.  I have a feeling he and Daulton will be heading to the creek.  He texted his brother and friend Box so I am thinking a man-camp is in the immediate future.  He bought a brisket for himself yesterday and he can go to the camp and smoke it and hunt treasures with the guys.  Perfect day for it for sure.  He took the CDL, Commercial Driving Test yesterday to qualify him for a promotion at work and passed the two parts he had studied for.  He will finish the last part on Monday. Here are his metal detectors, all three water proof.

Will has Tesoro Tiger Shark, Daulton has Vibra probe 580 pinpointer

 
This is a bad photo of the new one the Vibra Probe730   
Yesterday, Will took me on a ride on his 4-wheeler.  It was perfect weather for it.  It felt wonderful.  We went to look at the lake that is on our property.
Our resident rodent has cut down lots of trees.  Will is on the hunt now to trap him before he wrecks all the trees.  He is a nutria rat.  We know he's there because one day last year, Will and I were shooting turtles and it dove in to the water.  We named him the swamp monster but this is what he looks like.



He's tearing up our fishing hole!!!! We googled him and found that they were originally brought to the US for their meat and fur but the markets dried up and people turned them loose.  I think I need a smoked nutria rib while wearing my nutria fur hat!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I am not going to hang with the guys today because my energy is still terrible and my lungs have left the building so I have no air.  I enjoy days like this.  Cooking, bible study, windows open, chickens cackling, peace and quiet.  mmmmmmmm, perfect.












1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is really interesting, I hate the creepy little tail. I hope you do get him trapped.

    ReplyDelete