Friday, October 21, 2011

Snapshots of the Journey Back


Good Morning Everyone!

Today is the day for me to continue the Hell and Back series but now the name has changed to Snapshots of the Journey Back because once I went to Robert's office and my ex-husband gone, the Hell was behind me and God had my feet planted firmly on the path.  I was finally moving in the direction of having the wonderful life that I am living now.  I was very damaged though and a thorough emotional mess.  It is bizarre to ask God to take my recollections back now to who I was then.  I have changed so much, glory be to God.  I am new wine now and cannot be put into the old wine skin.

Matthew 9:17
Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”
Matthew 9:16-18

Old Wine Skin
 
In this blog post I am going to explore the humorous.  I had not been allowed to do so very many things for the 12 years that I had lived in my ex-husband's house.  I was seeing Robert and he was encouraging me to find myself.  It had been so long since that I had forgotten who "myself" was.  I decided to embark on an adventure of trying things to see what appealed to me. 

I remember being so very nervous to call the telephone company to put in a telephone line and an internet line (remember the old dial-up connections?). I was so nervous that I called Robert and asked for an appointment.  I went into his office and before I sat down, I said "Robert, I think I have done a very bad thing." His eyes got big and he asked what I had done.  I said "I ordered a home phone and internet." He simply said, "Tracy, most people have home phones."  I am cracking up laughing now as I type this for several reasons. One is what must he have been thinking the "really bad thing" I had done was before I said so and Two, how sweet he was not to laugh at me for being so backwards.  I really was terrified that I was going to get in trouble for having a phone.  It felt incredible to have a phone and internet.  It is really a miracle that God has brought me so far from who I was then that I can laugh at it now.  Praise God for Robert's good heart and kind spirit. 

Along with the telephone in that first few months, I had 3 ways to brew coffee, 13 rugs in a 900 sq ft hut, cable television and a gas grill.  I was a WILD WOMAN! ha ha.  I felt very naughty having any of these things.  They were contraband.  I took golf lessons, I bought a camping RV and learned to tow it and set it up, I played tennis, I went snow skiing, I bought my horse, I sailed the Mediterranean and the Aegean to the Greek Isles and the Amalfi Coast, I went out to dinner after dark, I visited friends, I made new friends, I became a children's leader at an evening bible study (that occurred after the sun went down).  I am sure there are more things that I did but these are what comes to mind today. These adventures were so far outside my comfort zone. I am giddy to think how free and amazing my life is today.  Peaceful, serene, free, exciting, loving. 




No comments:

Post a Comment